Checking In On My Personal MBL ChallengeThursday, September 16, 2010
I look MBL but it still hasn't fully sunken in yet that I've actually reached my ultimate goal. I don't feel like I'm done just as yet. I guess because I was BSL for a while, it's just so foreign to actually claim a new length..LOL. As the months go by and I'm here at this level for a longer period of time 2-3months, I'll begin to claim it :-) Weird huh? I know!
Anyway, here were my goals back in Feb. 2010:
Apply JBCO to scalp 3 times a week after wash dayDue to Castor Oil Challenge pt. 4 Take Multi-Vitamin and Omega 3-6-9 capsules dailyStopped taking Omega 369 since April, still taking my Multi-Vitamin daily. Drink 8 glasses of water daily Exercise 3 times a week (I got a new membership..YAY Me!) Increase shine and soften texture (hard goal but I'm willing to take on the challenge)Did this with Coconut oil.
- Buy a new steamer (my Hair Therapy Wrap broke..will explain later)
Simplify regimen and products even more!
- Baggied more (2-3x/week)
- Instead of a light protein once a week, I used my reconstructor bi-weekly and a moisture/protein balanced conditioner in between.
- Coconut oil treatments on dry hair twice a week for strength & shine.
- Eliminated products that I no longer need. I just stick to the necessities. Still a working progress
- Increased the usage of my heating cap vs. hooded dryer (more convenient at the time since it's portable).
- Maintain my length
- Maintain my thickness
- Remain a self relaxer
- Dust often
- Get a new steamer