I've always been curious to try my own homemade Whipped Shea Butter Mixture. I just never had all the ingredients readily available. However, I finally gave it a try and I must say I'm very impressed with my results first time around.
Here are the ingredients I used:
- 100% Natural African Shea Butter (conditions hair making it soft)
- 100% Glycerin (attracts and draws in moisture)
- Grapeseed Oil (ceramide oil)
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (prevents protein loss and smooths the hair cuticle)
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil (softens the hair and promotes hair growth)
1. Melted 3 TBSP of Shea Butter in a bowl (over a boiling water in a pot) for 3-5mins. Then I proceeded to add:
- 2 TBSP of Glycerin
- 2 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil
- 1 TBSP of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 TSP of Jamaican Black Castor Oil
2. Poured all the contents into my Kitchen Aid mixer for 15 mins on medium speed (8).
3. I placed the mixture into the fridge for 5-10 mins.
4. I then poured the contents back into the mixer bowl for 15-20 mins on medium speed (8) until it got to a thick consistency.
5. I put my Whipped Shea Butter into a plastic container for storage.
It's that simple!
I've been using this mixture on my hair & skin and I just love it. I leave it out at room temperature so that the texture remains soft and easy to manipulate. I moisturize with Scurl No Drip Activator first and then I'll seal with my Whipped Shea Butter mixture to lock in the moisture. My hair remains smooth and moist for days! It's perfect for this harsh winter weather where I live as it allows my hair to retain moisture. In addition, my skin remains hydrated and soft after I step out of the shower. It's a hit :)
Just wanted to share!