Hair Comparison: APL to BSL in 9 months!Sunday, August 10, 2014
I've been on my hair journey for several years now and I still love going through my old photos of my hair just to visually see how my hair has transformed. I've always used it as motivation to meet my next goal. Nothing speaks louder than a photo! Sometimes we feel as though our hair isn't making any progress, but until we look at an old photo, that is when we really notice a difference :)
The photo on the left (APL - Arm Pit Length) was back in November 2008 when I went to a salon for a relaxer. They hacked off at least 4-6 inches of my thin ends when all I wanted was a trim. It was actually a blessing in disguise. From this beautiful disaster, I was able to really understand the needs, likes, dislikes etc. of my hair that I never understood before. The photo on the right (BSL - Bra Strap Length) was taken in October 2009. So technically speaking, I made BSL in 9 months (August 2009) but this photo was taken in October.
What I changed in my regimen to get to BSL?:
1. I consistently started using S-curl No Drip Activator daily. My ends were craving the extra moisture.
2. Increased my protein treatments to once a week (followed by a moisture deep condition) to ensure my hair remained moisturized yet strong & fortified at the same time.
3. Applied Jamaican Black Castor Oil to my scalp 2-3x/week. This helped to promote growth and thickness in my hair.
4. Protected my ends in wigs and buns 90% of the time. I left my hair alone!
5. Moisturized and sealed in sections (5-6) ensuring all of my ends were covered in my moisturizer preventing dryness!
That's it! All you need is consistency & patience :)