Wash day - Top Knot Bun + VideoWednesday, February 11, 2015
Wash day run-down:
1) Prepoo'd with Coconut oil under the steamer for 20 mins (no plastic cap)
2) Shampoo'd with Creme of Nature Sulfate Free Argan Oil Shampoo (lathered 2x)
3) Deep conditioned with Keracare Humecto mixed with 1tsp of JBCO, 1 tsp of EVOO, 1tsp of Avocado oil, 1tsp of Avocado oil. I went back under the steamer for 30 mins (no plastic cap).
4) T-shirt dried for 15-20mins
5) Applied Scurl No Drip Activator mixed with Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-in Conditioner.
6) I left my hair to air dry using the scarf method.
7) Moisturized with Scurl No Drip and sealed with Extra virgin olive oil in sections.
I used my trusty staple products this wash day and from start to finish my hair was in heaven! I think the addition of JBCO (Jamaican Black Castor Oil) in my deep conditioner really contributed to the added softness and volume in my hair. Adding JBCO to my DC is part of the extreme levelSince I'm stretching my relaxer, I didn't have to fight with my hair at ALL - my new growth specifically! My comb was free from broken hairs; however, my hair is shedding slightly since I'm in the Castor oil challenge. This is typical hair behaviour when I'm doing the challenge - I'm not concerned.
This top knot is one of my favourite go-to styles. It's so easy to do and takes no time at all to achieve. I love it because it helps to lock in moisture plus the two-strand twist adds a cool visual effect rather than the typical donut bun.
Check out the video below on how I achieved this style: