Wash Day - Twisted Up-do!Tuesday, July 28, 2015
I was totally inspired by an old photo of my fro-hawk, I did a couple years ago, to go ahead and pull off this look. I love it because it was super easy to do and more importantly its heat-free and my ends are protected! Woohoo :)
Here's How I Did It:
- Parted my hair in two sections, starting from one ear to the other. I didn't mind that my part wasn't too neat. The higher the part (above ear-to-ear), the better.
- I secured each section (2) with a ponytail holder.
- Did a two-strand twist in each section.
- Brought the twist from section one down to section two - pin it
- Brought the twist up from section two to section one - pin it
- Fluffed each twist, if necessary.
- Shampooed with Creme of Nature Argan Oil Sulfate Free Shampoo
- Deep conditioned with Creme of Nature Straight from Eden Nourishing Conditioner under heat for 30mins.
- Used S-Curl No Drip Activator as my leave-in conditioner
- Air dried with the scarf method and the rest of my hair hanging down.
- Once my hair was fully air dried, I moisturized and sealed with S-Curl No Drip and Jojoba Oil.
- Used some ORS Smooth N Hold Pudding to smooth the front of my hair.
This style was so much fun to wear! It's basically a glamorized bun that can be worn for daytime fun or an evening date night :) Not to mention, it's Summer friendly leaving me with zero hair hanging down my back. Just one less thing to worry about!
How was your wash day? Are you protective styling?