How To: My Top Knot BunSunday, December 14, 2014
Bunning is one of my favourite quick and easy “go-to” styles. There are various buns that I’ll choose at any given time, but the bun-style that has grabbed my attention lately, is the Top knot bun! This style has been a hot trend lately. It’s sophisticated, chic and I love how quick and easy it is. You can dress it up for a night out or you can dress it down for a messy top knot look – it will still look fabulous!
Check out the steps below on how you can achieve this look:
1. Moisturize and seal your hair. Thoroughly comb your hair ensuring there are no knots or tangles
2. Gather all of your hair to the top of your head (where you want the bun to be placed i.e. crown region) and secure your hair with a ponytail holder. Make sure it’s not too tight.
3. Take your hair in the ponytail and split it in two.
4. Begin to do a loose two-strand twist with your hair.
5. Wrap the twist around the ponytail holder (clockwise) to form a bun. Secure the bun with a few bobby pins to ensure it does not unravel
6. Go over your hair with a 100% Boar Bristle Brush so your hair and edges are smooth and in tack!
I love rocking this style. It’s fun and the bun looks like a sophisticated intricate knot! Enjoy.