Ingredient Spotlight Pt.3: Bis-Aminopropyl DimethiconeSunday, December 21, 2014
What is Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone?
Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone is an amine-funcitonalized silicone. Some call it a "water-insoluble" silicone. Typically found in instant conditioners.
What does it do for the hair?
It bonds to damaged areas of the cuticles adhering to the hair strands making the hair feel and look healthier. It creates a light film on the hair imparting shine, silkiness and body. It provides excellent wet and dry comb-ability. It does not create a build-up on the hair, like most silicones. It is not supposed to accumulate on top of itself after multiple applications - it's not attracted to itself. Removing this ingredient is tricky; therefore; using a sulfate shampoo is key!
- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner
- Pantene Truly Natural Hair Deep Conditioner
- Herbal Essences The Sleeker the Butter Smoothing Conditioner
- Aussie Moist Conditioner
- Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth
- Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Conditioner