My "Teyonah Parris Up-do" On Relaxed HairSaturday, August 17, 2013
I absolutely love this style! I had plans to go out for my sister's birthday and I wanted something classy, up off my shoulders and heat-free. I've always admired Teyonah Parris' hair style from the SAG Awards and I decided to give it a try.
I used MsVaughnTV's tutorial to achieve this look. It was simple and easy to duplicate. She was amazingly thorough! Please keep in mind I did this style on freshly air dried hair for a more fuller thicker appearance (I am 10 weeks post relaxer).
How I prepped my hair:
- Co-washed with Herbal Essences "Honey I'm Strong"
- Air dried with Scurl No Drip Activator on wet hair
- Detangled from the ends up
- Moisturized with Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Creme once dry
- Eco Styler Gel on edges
- Wide tooth comb/ Shower comb
- Ouchless ponytail holders (3)
- Ouchless bobby pins
Later on that evening, out in the city: