Ingredient Spotlight Pt. 2: Behentrimonium MethosulfateFriday, June 21, 2013
What is Behentrimonium Methosulfate?
Behentrimonium Methosulfate is a cationic surfactant found in conditioners. It is also considered to not only be effective but also safe and mild to use on the hair. It is synthetically created from modified rapeseed oil. It is insoluble in water but dispersible in both water and oil.
What does it do for the hair?
It provides slip. It's excellent for detangling hair. It has the ability to moisturize and condition the hair from the inside out. It can penetrate the hair shaft making the hair healthier and thus easy to comb and maintain. In addition, it helps to soften the hair. Finger detangling is much easier to do. The hair is able to be rinsed out clean without residue.
Which products contain this Ingredient?
- Creme of Nature Nourishing and Strengthening Treatment
- Creme of Nature Moisture Extreme Conditioner
- Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
- Abba Pure Color Protect Conditioner
- Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment
- Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturizing Conditioner
- Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In Conditioner
- Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion