Ingredient Spotlight Pt. 2: Disodium EDTAThursday, July 25, 2013
What is Disodium EDTA?
It's a Chelating ingredient and preservative.
What does it do for the hair?
It attracts minerals away from the hair shaft. It bonds to metal ions that exist in water and inactivates them. It also helps them rinse away. Great to use after swimming. Disodium EDTA also prevents unwanted changes to a product’s odor, consistency and texture. This can boost a product’s performance.
Which products contain this Ingredient?
- Giovanni 50:50 Balancing Hydrating Calming Conditioner
- Organic Root Stimulator HAIRrepair Nourishing Conditioner
- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner
- Nexxus Humectress Conditioner
- Aussie Moist Shampoo
- TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Shampoo
- Hydratherma Naturals Moisture Boosting Shampoo