Ingredient Spotlight Pt.3: Cocamidopropyl BetaineWednesday, November 12, 2014
Cocamidopropyl Betaine is a surfactant cleansing agent and foam booster. It's a gentle detergent partly derived from Coconut oil.
What does it do for the hair?
It gently removes oils and build up from the hair. Very mild in comparison to SLS (Sodium Lauryl or Laureth Sulfate). Commonly found in shampoo's.
Which products contain this ingredient?
- Jessi Curl Hair Cleansing Cream
- L’Oreal EverSleek Sulfate-Free Smoothing System Intense Smoothing Shampoo
- Everyday Shea Moisturizing Shampoo
- Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Moisturizing Shampoo
- TRESemme Moisture Rich shampoo
- Kinky Curly Come Clean
- Creme of Nature Straight From Eden Hydrating Shampoo