Got Hard Water?Monday, May 16, 2011
Does your hair consistently feel...
Regardless of the products you are using? even if you've clarified your hair? You could be suffering with hard water. I know I am :(
I recently moved to a new subdivision and I no longer have my soft water system that ran throughout my whole house. If you are not familiar with soft water, it is the TRUTH!! It's like no other. It leaves your hair and skin so moisturized. I step out of the shower and my skin is hydrated. Lotion or oil on my body was not a necessity like it is now. Without my soft water, I feel extra dry. My skin and hair feel different!! I notice that my hair feels unusually tangled, dry and rough all the time if I don't use my trusty Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo FIRST. This shampoo is specifically formulated for those who have hard water. It's extremely effective in hard water areas. Try it out if you haven't already! You won't regret it.
I'm looking into getting a temporary fix until I can find a soft water company I like. In the meantime, I will try to find a shower head filter so that I don't have to experience this :(
Here are the benefits of soft water:
- Soft, clean skin.
- Soft silky hair.
- Manageable hair.
- Soap lathers easily.
- Reduces/eliminates limp and lifeless hair.
- Lesser quantities of soap, shampoo etc. & increases the efficiency.
- Dishes have water spots.
- Soap won't lather well.
- Clothes look dingy.
- Bathtub ring.
- Dry Skin.
- Tangled, rough hair.
- Rust-colored stains on your clothes, silverware, or porcelain fixtures.
Best ways to tackle hard water:
- Clarify or Chelate your hair often to remove the overabundance of minerals.
- Regularly use a shampoo specifically for hard water i.e. Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo, ION Hard water shampoo etc.
- Use pH balanced products to keep the hair cuticles laying flat thus smooth and soft hair.
- Get a shower filter.