Ingredient Spotlight: Polyquaternium 37Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Polyquaternium 37 is a charged (polycationic) polymer normally used in the personal care industry i.e. Hair care.
Since they are positively charged, they neutralize the negative charges of most shampoos, relaxers, hair proteins etc. helping the hair to lay flat. Their positive charge, ionically bond to the hair. It is particularly useful to use cationic polymers on hair exposed to high alkalinity relaxers to decrease damage to hair. They attach to the hair and provide conditioning benefits such as ease of combing, hair alignment, elasticity and shine. Polyquaternium 37 also helps to reduce flyaways & static.
1. Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol
2. Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner (Pak)
3. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-in Cream
4. Profectiv Breakfree leave-in Cream
5. Cantu Shea Butter leave-in
6. Africa's best Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion
P.S. Polyquaternium 32 is very similar, if not the same as Polyquaternium 37, so look out for it as well.